The idea to start compiling these facts came one afternoon while I was cleaning our master bedroom. Read the first couple and you’ll understand why. Feel free to add your own in the comments.
- No matter where you keep your litterbox(es), you will sweep sand/crystals/whatever formula you use from every single corner of your home.
- A cat toy that rivals the satisfaction a cat gets from swatting around a gum wrapper, a ponytail holder or a milk jug cap has not yet been invented. Yet it’s a battle of wills to walk through the pet store and leave with just a bag of food.
- Few things are more hilarious than watching a running cat lose traction and do a baseball slide across a hardwood floor.
- You don’t have to go west to see a tumbleweed. Long-haired cat + hardwood floors = need I say more.
- Every cat likes some kind of “people food.” Not my cat, you say? She just hasn’t discovered it yet.
- Cats totally invite the neighbor cats over for catnip parties when you go out of town.
- A cat can sense when you are about to take it to the V-E-T and it can hear the sound of you getting its carrier out of the closet from any part of the house.
- Speaking of the V-E-T when a cat has bladder or tummy troubles it will find a remote unreachable part of the house to defile with its pee or poop. So not only will you not find out until it’s way too late, but you’ll have to turn everything upside down to clean up the mess.
- An empty or clean litter box has bladder-activating qualities for cats.